Seasonal Distribution Specialist
We're looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic driver to join our team of high performing Distribution Specialists!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY.
- Represent Cape Beverage Distributing in the field at customer accounts
- Load the delivery vehicle with accurate inventory for assigned orders
- Ensure that items are properly stacked and secured inside the delivery vehicle
- Take delivery instructions from supervisor and/or Head Driver
- Review delivery route, using GPS if needed
- Ensure that appropriate and complete documentation is available at time of loading
- Drive vehicle to the delivery point by using the best possible route
- Deliver items to customer(s) in a safe and courteous manner
- Manage invoices and checks received
- Collect and credit returns for customers
- Maintain accurate documentation including mileage and delivery time
- Unload delivery truck at the end of day
- Maintain vehicle fluids and cleanliness
- Check vehicle for wear and tear
- Perform diagnosis and troubleshooting activities on vehicle when needed
- Communicate with supervisor on successes and struggles
- Plan and participate in regular training activities
- Conduct job duties with utmost safety and courtesy possible
- Other duties as assigned
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License
- Clean driving record
- Commercial driving experience (1+ years)
- Wholesale beverage delivery experience is a plus but not required
- CDL is a plus but not required
- Energetic, organized and motivated problem solvers
- Full vaccination against COVID-19. Exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to drive for 8 or more hours per day
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, regular walk, talk, hear, grasp, handle, push, pull, reach, crouch, kneel, bend, and type and or/write
- Ability to climb steps and ladders, twist and turn with product
- Ability to lift and handle and maneuver 30lb cases and 165lb kegs
- Ability to use a calculator, computer, phone
- Ability to use a forklift and a hand truck
- Subject to entering bars, restaurants, package, liquor and grocery and speciality product stores
- Working in hot and cold temperatures
- Working on uneven surfaces and wet conditions
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Cape Beverage Distributing we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY.