We're looking for an A-Player to join our high-performing Sales team! The Sales Representative is responsible for creating and building relationships with key retailers within your region, executing within key on- and off-premise accounts by growing sales and market share through product distribution, display execution and promotion within their assigned market/s. This position will concentrate on key markets within multiple cities/counties. The Sales Representative will spend approximately 80% of their time in retail execution.
To apply, click here!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You’ll represent Cape Beverage Distributing at On & Off Premise accounts in New Jersey while developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key retailers
- You will build & execute Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly Plans to achieve Annual Market Goals
- You’ll also have the opportunity to represent the company at festivals, dinners, tastings and other events to help increase brand awareness and sales revenue
- You will prospect new business by determining focus areas within your territory, setting up presentations, and utilizing stop-by techniques
- You should expect to actively seek self-educational opportunities to develop your knowledge of industry trends, brands, and the craft beer industry in general
- You’ll be preparing monthly documentation on time and in a neat, legible, and professional manner
- You will manage POS & execute marketing strategy throughout your territory
- You will maintain an active list of prospective customers for use as sales leads
- We’re looking for you to use your entrepreneurial eyes to seek out new opportunities to increase sales and market penetration within your territory.
- We pride ourselves on superior customer service which means you will need to be actively involved with our customers and accounts. This may occasionally include investigating and resolving customer issues that arise.
- You will plan and participate in regular training activities including presenting at sales meetings
- 3+ years experience in beverage sales with a brewery, wholesaler or retailer (or similar relevant business experience)
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and a reliable automobile
- Comfort with brewery sales technology
- Energetic, organized and motivated problem solvers
- Passionate about craft beer and have deep knowledge of the local craft market
- Have strong sales, communication and presentation skills
- Live in or are willing to move to New Jersey
- Enjoy extensive car travel
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to drive to account locations and to Cape May, NJ
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, talk, hear, grasp, handle, push , pull, reach, crouch, kneel, bend, and type and or/write.
- Ability to handle and maneuver 30lb cases and 165lb kegs
- Ability to use a calculator, computer, phone
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to obtain size, shape or physical qualities of product.
- Subject to entering bars, restaurants, package, liquor and grocery and speciality product stores.