Sales Manager — Bergen, Essex, and Hudson Counties
We are growing! Cape Beverage is looking for EXPERIENCED Sales Managers in Bergen, Essex, and Hudson Counties. The Sales Manager is responsible for creating and building relationships with key retailers within his or her region, executing within key on- and off-premise accounts by growing sales and market share through product distribution, display execution, and promotion within his or her assigned market/s. This position will concentrate on key markets within multiple cities/counties. The Sales Manager will spend approximately 80% of their time in retail execution and must live in or close to their sales territory. Three or more years of wholesaler sales or brewery sales experience gets you a leg up in applying for these positions (preferred). A valid driver's license and a good driving record required. Apply here: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3354066
- Represent Cape Beverage at on and off-premise accounts in Bergen, Essex, and Hudson Counties, with a major focus on Cape May Brewing Company products, with the possibility of an expanding portfolio in the future
- Build & execute Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly Plans to achieve Annual Market Goals.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key retailers.
- Build distribution points and brand awareness in targeted retail accounts.
- Represent distributor at festivals, dinners, off-premise tastings, and all events.
- Able to work some nights & weekends to promote products at retail & trade events
- Manage POS & execute marketing strategy throughout the territory.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads
- Keep abreast of competitive activity, pricing, and new entries into market.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues / provide excellent customer service
- Energetic, competitive, organized and motivated problem solvers.
- Passionate about craft beer and have deep knowledge of the local craft market
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Have strong sales, communication and presentation skills.
- Ideal candidate must live within sales territory
- Ability to plan constructive schedule, hitting key players in new and growing market.
- Enjoy extensive car travel within territory.
- Desire to grow and develop with one of NJ’s fastest-growing breweries.
- We offer very competitive salary, KPI bonus, PTO, 401(k), vehicle mileage or company vehicle and benefits.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience required in beverage sales with a brewery or beer wholesaler. (Similar relevant business experience considered, beer sales experience preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record, and a reliable automobile
- Comfort with brewery and distributorship sales technology
- Ability to handle and maneuver 30 lb cases and 165 lb kegs